Damaged Goods

Bipolar can make the us feel different from others. When I first heard the diagnosis in 2004, relief hit me before anything else. But along the way, I discovered that people often misunderstood both bipolar itself and how it affected an individual.

I heard the same thing from several people. They believed that no one with bipolar could be normal.

During my hours of research on the computer, I ran across a list of famous people with mental illnesses, including bipolar. The names impressed me. Their accomplishments gave me hope. But a small paragraph tucked away on a page of the website gave me a quote I have yet today:


 There is hope . . .

 You are not damaged goods . . .

 You are not alone . . .



No one with bipolar needs to be alone. If a hospital, psychiatrist, or psychologist isn't possible for you right now, then look around. Reach out. Ask for help from someone who knows what it's like.


Ask me.



10 comments:

  1. MRS T - if this bipolar thing is so bad, why are not people seeking your help. If they read your bio, wife, mother, business partner and overcoming bipolar. Then resources of this site, would certainly help. It seems from Tracy to who ever they fight this battle on their own. WHY? I mean if you 2 are cured, could not other people benefit from your experiences?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, it rings so true I felt like I was damaged for so long. I now hold my head up high, proud of who I am. I have bipolar, NOT I am bipolar. There's a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. That's what I loved about it as well. Stay positive!

      Delete
  3. We can't cure bipolar. The disorder is something we have forever. What we can do is learn how to manage the symptoms.

    Healing Benches is my personal experience with the disorder. I don't offer professional help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok! I am confused, professional help, means no one to listen , no one to offer a should to cry-on? You cannot offer the poem cut etc, the meaning of mania and damaged goods and say I cannot help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always willing to listen, to offer suggestions, to share ideas. I understand the highs, the lows, talking fast, feeling alone, not knowing who to talk to . . . I know the symptoms of bipolar because I have the disorder.

    Professional help involves prescribing medications, intense therapy, even hospitalization.



    Do you need someone to listen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs T with all that is happening in your life, really why would you listen? The others seem to get it. I am just a little slow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok! I will trust you! So what do what to know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why don't you use the contact form at the top of the page. There you can tell me anything.

      I'll listen to whatever you need to share.

      Delete